Apologies readers for the the wall of silence in recent weeks but I have been kept entertained by preparing for the big reveal of Go See This.
Go See This is an all new What’s on recommendations website for arts, culture and heritage in Greater Manchester. This All About Audiences led project has been developed with audience development principles at it’s core.
That means it’s all about additionally – enabling arts and culture organisations reach out beyond their existing and loyal audiences to:
- Increase attendances by encouraging people to try new things and cross-fertilising audiences
- Meet the needs of potential attenders who have not decided what they want to see/do – we’ve all felt like that from time-to-time!
- Satisfy visitors with a specific time frame for their potential attendance
With Go See This All About Audiences are working directly with all the major arts and culture venues and organisations in Greater Manchester to bring their listings into one central place. Some of the unique features are:
- An integrated ticket purchasing system with a single shopping basket. This means you can read about events at different venues and then book tickets for all of them in one go, without visiting multiple websites – neat, eh!
- Planner function allowing users organise their cultural calendar ahead of time, and providing reminders when an event is approaching – perfect for the forgetful (like me) or the super organised.
- Editorial voice from trusted source including content optimised for the target audience(s).
The real magic behind Go See This is that it is powered by ‘the portal’ platform. This ‘backend technology’ sees data being aggregated from multiple box office systems (and other sources) and the ability for it to be distributed to feed information to goseethis.com and beyond to official tourism site for Greater Manchester visitmanchester.com.